Bad experience with Pool Partz and refurbished Dolphin S300

Jun 1, 2018
Austin, TX
I purchased a factory refurbished Dolphin S300 from poolpartz.com. Tried putting it in the water for the first time this morning and...nothing. It won't move at all. There is a blue blinking light on the back for about 10 seconds, then one red flash, then another 10 seconds of the blue blinking light and then the light goes out. I have followed the troubleshooting steps on their website and also called support and followed their advice of doing a dry run - turning it on while turned upside down outside of the pool. When it's outside of the pool I can hear some movement inside of the robot but the wheels never spin.

The support rep I spoke with is going to have a manager call me back later.

Pretty disappointing. I wish I had just purchased a robot locally.

Sorry to hear that. Let us know if they make it right.

Are there even any Dolphin dealers in Austin? Last time I looked at their dealer page I don't think I found one.

*Edit: Looks like A-Tex might have them... Might have to drop by and eye them some day.

I'm always wary of purchasing anything "refurbished". If it's refurbished, then it has already had a problem in the past that had to be fixed. Personally, I'd rather not take my chances. Hopefully, they fix it for you.

I'm always wary of purchasing anything "refurbished". If it's refurbished, then it has already had a problem in the past that had to be fixed. Personally, I'd rather not take my chances. Hopefully, they fix it for you.

Sometimes things get returned opened but unused and depending on state law have to be marked refubished when they are repacked. This happens a lot with Apple laptops.

I've always avoided refurbished products too. At this price point I was willing to take the risk though. It was $1200 new or $750 refurbished. I was expecting it to at least work upon delivery!

Yeah it would be nice to have it work the first time. But I’m glad to hear they gave a full and proper resolution.

Ours has been great in its second year of post refurbishment life.

Back in the day, I bought a refurbished Garmin GPS dash unit.. old days as in, you were da’man with one of those on your dash.

The thing never worked properly, keypad drove me nuts. I never bought refurbished electronics after that..

I've actually heard the opposite regarding refurbished products occasionally. In that they have likely gone through more thorough testing to put them back for sale than most units that come off the line new.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If maytronics felt that way perhaps they should warranty them for two years instead of 1.

You pay more for a longer warranted product. Less warranty, equals less liability, equals lower price.

Think you must have gotten a dud . It happens .......from every retailer from time to time. Good news is Maytronics made it right . Poolpartz is the only Dolphin/Maytronics certified refurb retailer from what I have heard . Must be the reason Maytronics was quick to step in and help .

Just for the record ........
I purchased a Dolphin S300 from PoolPartz last year . Has been working perfectly since I got it. Going on season 2 with it now. Run it 1-2 times a week .

My only regret is I wished I would have sprung for the 300i . It has better cleaning cycle options than the 300 .

Poolpartz was great to deal with, shipping was quick, and my Dolphin S300 has been working perfect since I unboxed it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.