Any feedback on the Pentair Superflo VS?

mgarf33

Oct 27, 2013
I've lost the Hayward Superpump VS due to water infiltration, I believe. I will tinker with the module later, but for now I need to get the pool filtering. So, I'm looking at a budget friendly VS pump, and the Pentair Superflo VS seems to fit the bill. Since I'm a licensed HVAC contractor, they're offering a 2 year warranty and $50 mail in rebate when installed professionally. Looking at just under $600.
Anyone like this pump more than the 1st generation Superpump VS? At least the Pentair will have a clock, the old Superpump VS did not.

m,

I have never been a fan of the square pump basket on the Super-pump...

The Pentair SuperFlo VS is a great pump, comes with unions, and can run off of 120 or 220 volts.

I like your upgrade plan,

Jim R.

Yep 3 years running it's an awesome pump. I unplug it and pull it inside each winter and the only thing I have to do to it in the spring is reset the clock. It remembers all its other programing.

Ok, well I have it installed, and I'm really impressed. It's like having a "real deal" VS pump. The Hayward Superpump VS is not really a comparable pump to this Pentair Superflo VS. It can really move some water. My wife was comparing it to the lazy river at Water Country USA.

I'm finding that using the same speed settings, compared to the old Hayward, flow much better and actually show Wattage being lower on the Pentair. Better programming ability as well.

I have to say I wasn't too sad to see the Hayward go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.