Installing a Coleman 26'x52" Pool Semi-Inground

Jun 3, 2018
Southwest Florida
The husband and I live in SWFL and finally made our big purchase (our Coleman pool):kim:! We have been wanting a pool for a year now, but have been putting it off, as we knew how much work it would be to set-up. I am so glad that I found TFP because it is a wealth of knowledge! I am hoping to share our journey in setting up our Coleman pool and getting some feedback as we run into questions. If you have any advice, please feel free to share!

Here are some progress pictures :D *We are burying the pool 2ft down
IMG_5953.jpg
We decided to put the pool close to the cement slab, so we can build a deck off of it to the pool.
IMG_5965.jpg
Starting to dig the hole.
IMG_5968.jpg
Still digging...
IMG_5996.jpg
We had a pretty heavy rain, so we covered the hole.

The pool was put on hold for a few days because we went out of town - when vacation calls, we answer :) Today we worked on leveling the ground, putting the frame together, and laying out the pavers. We have been taking our time making sure everything is level. We had a hard time deciding where to measure the pavers out to...So hopefully it works out. Tomorrow we plan on laying the liner out for an hour and then putting the frame in. Fingers crossed that the weather holds up :)

**I tried uploading a picture from today, but it keeps saying I have exceeded some limit??

Re: Installing a Coleman 26'x52" Pool Semi-Inground

Put together the frame in order to figure out where to place pavers.
2ujjno4.jpg

We decided to put the legs up too in order to see what it was going to look like :)
9zqexh.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

You only get a small amount of photo space, unless you are a TFP supporter!

Or you can try a free hosting site like imgur.

Thank you for the info!

Re: Installing a Coleman 26'x52" Pool Semi-Inground

Hiya TFP! :wave: I did not forget about this thread!

Here is an update on the pool...We finally finished leveling the pavers to the best of our ability and put up the liner. We filled the pool with about 2 inches of water and then worked on smoothing out the wrinkles. WELL...There was a huge wrinkle that we could not get out, so we pumped out the water and readjusted the liner (which worked perfect). We re-filled the pool again and smoothed out the smaller wrinkles. It took about 3 days to fill since we did not do it all at once (we would only run the water a few hours at a time). The hubster started back filling the sides of the pool with dirt, but this has been a slow/tedious process since we do not want to hurt the liner - he is almost done back filling it. We are now in the process of drawing up a sketch of the deck we plan on building that will go out to the pool....BUT here are some pictures of the progress we have made so far :D

1060fp2.jpg

lcjva.jpg

11kwmmu.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Mlynch,

How are y'all insuring that the ground AND all the blocks are level with each other? Are you using a transit or bubble level, etc?

We used a bubble level and I had my fingers crossed the entire time as the pool was filling up with water! I was hoping that the water-line would be level AND...it is! :D I was so afraid that we were going to fill the pool up with water and it was going to be off...But the hubster was pretty OCD when it came to laying the ground work for the pool.

Here are some pictures I took that kind of shows how we leveled it. (we also used a line level).

20u4par.jpg

23qq8p.jpg

2911i4k.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.