Easing myself into the deep end...

G.K.W.H.inthatorder

Bronze Supporter
Jun 9, 2018
Iowa
Hey All,

just wanted to test the waters, so to speak...and the water is nice in here!
Enough of the pool-puns, seriously though: was going through the rules and saw “hot links are strictly forbidden”. Just sort of wondering...what is
a hotlink if it’s not a tasty sausage? Also, is this the appropriate forum for this question?

Apologies for my ignorance of computer/internet vernacular but I want to make sure I understand.

Thank you.

You read the rules??? NICE job LOL Here is a "hot link" Weighted Butterfly Vacuum Head - Walmart.com It is a link that when clicked on will take you to a web page. We do not allow advertising on TFP. We are a donation based web site that is 503c as well. Quite a few people would LOVE to be able to link to their business or product on TFP as there are many eyes that will see it here. We do not allow that.

Kim TFP MOD

Oooooohhhhhhh, I see.
That is actually one of the coolest things about this forum: the fact that nobody is trying to sell me anything. There’s enough of that already going on in all the other forum sites.
Thank you for the warm welcome and the plethora of valuable info I had no idea I did not know.
Looking forward to a better year and cleaner pool water...this is our year. ��

I think hot links are actually a little different than what Kim posted. What she posted was a link to a product page. I generally think of hot links as a picture that shows up in your forum post that is hosted on someone else's website. So that you end up using their bandwidth but they do not have the benefit of a possible sale, Etc. The whole Photobucket debacle was really based on them not allowing hotlinking anymore to the photos hosted there unless you paid them. Because there was no benefit for them to just have the pictures show up in the Forum post if you are never visiting the website so that they could get ad Revenue.

I was getting nervous... I know I’ve posted links to products on other sites, when someone requests.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.