Thoughts on AB pool after a year or more?

May 20, 2016
Euless, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We're considering refinishing our 14-year old pool and spa in the DFW area, and I'm curious what those who have aquaBright pools, especially in DFW, think about them after a year or more?
We're trying to decide between re-plastering with plain white plaster or going with Mediterranean Blue aquaBright.

Was it worth the extra expense?
Have you had any issues or needed warranty repair?
Also, how do your spotter tiles look with the AB? Our pool has "commercial"-style spotter tiles (2 rows of 1-inch tile) that are an outdated green color, so we'd have them removed or covered but are not sure what to use in their place.

Finally, we'd also like to update the tile but it's not in our budget this time around. If we did AB now, would that make replacing the waterline tile at a later date more difficult or expensive? Has anyone replaced tile AFTER they had AB installed, and if so, how did it turn out?

We like the idea of AB because we want a more durable finish than plaster but we don't like the feel of pebble finishes--we want a smooth surface.

My wife and I looked at the demo at Gold Medal Pools in Frisco last year, but that one was applied over a pebble finish, so we still don't have a exact idea about how AB looks/feels when applied over plain plaster. If anyone in DFW would be willing to let us come see it in person, please send me a direct message!

Any information, advice, or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Finally, we'd also like to update the tile but it's not in our budget this time around. If we did AB now, would that make replacing the waterline tile at a later date more difficult or expensive? Has anyone replaced tile AFTER they had AB installed, and if so, how did it turn out?
Assuming my Aquabright install is the standard way of doing it, it would be a hassle to redo the waterline tile after the AB is installed. The Aquabright surface is applied slightly up onto the waterline tile, completely covering the grout joint where the bottom of the tile meets the old plaster line.

Here's a picture of mine. The AB looks like it's going further up the tile than it really is, due to the water bending the light. It's just up over the bottom edge of the tile. BTW, mine is Mediterranean Blue also. It's a beautiful color.
https://i.imgur.com/biekC1I.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.