Help - Rain & High Water Table issues with pool liner

May 22, 2016
NJ
All-

I have about a 22,500 gallon 18x36 ground pool. Last night we must of received about 5 inches of rain, that the water level when above the vinyl coping. Today when I went to back wash a few inches, I noticed in my liner especially at the corners air or water pockets in the vinyl liner, after seeing this I stopped back washing/ Water is currently above the skimmer? Any thoughts what I should do? My area is in a high water table area.

I do have a pvc pipe 3 feet from the pool (SeePic) I'm guessing thats to suck out air or water from liner from when it was installed? (unfortunately I am not original owner of pool)

Attachments

• IMG_3477.jpg
    IMG_3477.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 68
Mine used to do that every now & then. Filling the pool back up might help. It'll go back to normal as the ground water level drops. If anyone uses the pool while the liner is loose then it may be possible to put a toe through the liner. I can say for a fact that its possible to put a pool brush through it. Strangely the liner hasn't lifted since being replaced.

If you switch to the Trouble Free Pool methods of chlorinating you won't be bleaching the liner with shock.

I have no idea what that PVC pipe is for.

IMG_3481.jpgI did switch to BBB in 2015, when I moved in, was bleached and discolored already. At least it won't get worse now.

Water is up to the top of the skimmer, will see if the situation improves over night, I am sure I will be left with wrinkles.

I also now noticed wrinkles in the the shallow end see attached picture, water is about 3 feet deep there.

Frank, I also have a PVC pipe about 7 feet from the pool. The water table here is so high that the PB filled the old septic tank, from 50 years ago, with gravel and ran the pipe to it. During the entire installation he kept a pump on it to lower the water. He told me that he would leave it since in the future when i replaced the liner I would need to hook up a pump to it and keep the water pumped out or it would float the pool.

Not sure if this is what yours is but it sounds similar. Good luck with your pool.

maw

MAW - I don't believe its for a sump pump, when I have my PB close my pool I will ask him.

The good news is that the bulging in post 1 has gone down considerably, the bad news is the wrinkling in the shallow end has gotten worse. May just have to deal with it for a year or 2 until I find $4,000 for a new liner.

Frank

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.