What to do with dead algae...

Help! Lol . Here is the situation. I have a 12000 gal salt pool i am rying to open it and so far i have super floced the algae and it is at the bottom of pool. Usually i just sucked it out as waste and well the problem is my neighbors get a little upset when i eject the amount of water ito their yards wich also have pools. I totally understand. So, this year i went and purchased a 50 foot back wash hose and ran it along the fence and pointed it in my yard. It was working fine until the hose split 1/2 way through my cleaning. The plit btw happened at the worst possible place in hose and was spraying directly on my open motor control box! I shocked the stuff out of my self trying to turn it off. Lesson learned....should have run to breaker box in house to shut off. Anyway my wife is saying that im going to kill all our grass and shrubs with this water thats coming out so she said figure some other way to get this algae out of pool. So my question finally is :is there anything else that i can do to suction this algae out like a special filter or something? Im losing a lot of water and ive allready had to fill back up a couple of times. I thought about buying 2 100 foot sections of pipe and run it to the street but i dont think that cheap Vinyl hose will hold the pressure that long and up hill. I think thats why it split. I dont know. I have a 2 hp motor throwing alot of water out. Any suggestions here? Between my wife and neighbors ive been limited to what i can do so I appreciate any good ideas .

Given the factor that you have already added the flocculant which isn't that recommended here at TFP, yeah I know flocculant is an easy quick fix to settle it to floor and vac to waste as we all have done it at one time or another. The reason it is not recommended being, it quolagulates your sand filtration, and you have to deep clean and or eventually replaced your sand, to the best of my knowledge, since I personally have cartridge filter setup.

If you are patient enough, what you can do which may help as an alternative to pumping to waste is, to get the algae out, add a couple of secondary filtration aids, like skimmer socks, or hairnets over the skimmer basket to capture the fine suspended particles, in conjunction with a fine micron bag clamped over one or a few if the return jets. But before I go further reccomendjng filtration aids, and more importantly...

Can we here at TFP kindly get some more information from you like what methods you chlorinate, or sanitize, and get a current water chemistry test, and picture of the pool from you to see where you are currently at?

Do you own a reliable test kit such as the Taylor TF-100 OR K-2006? If not, then get the TF-100 KIT.

If you still have algae in the pool, have you run what we reffer to here as SLAM (SHOCK, LEVEL, ADJUST, MAINTAIN) OCLT ( Overnight Chlorine Loss Test)

Please do some light reading tonight and familiarize yourself with pool school on the forum, to understand the relationships of proper water chemistry, and how you can be proactive in taking control of your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.