Should I allow a dog in pool?

I guess you're referring to these right?
1. Entry and exit
2. Dog hair
3. Chlorine and wet dog
4. Avoid bloat
5. Control access
Yep, a skimmer sock will be your best friend. My big knucklehead Jerry Lee is about 80 lbs of German Sheppard mix and he sheds like the dickens. He also loves the water and dives in before I can get in there first. Once done, I see a cloud of hair on the surface and just know I'll have to clean the skimmer sock in an hour or so. It's all worth it when I see him hop out of the pool then roll all over the grass doing his "happy dance". Woof!

We have controlled access because it’s fenced but we LOVE to see our dogs enjoying the pool. And hairnets on skimmers.

Yes, you need to check them more frequently than skimmer baskets without socks.

thanks, good info, then
ouch, do not really need more pool work, but then
debris in filter is not cool

have no dog in pool yet but also concerned about the small stuff from Douglas fir trees, lawn mowing, etc; pressure in filter does not go up so I guess ok but...

thought maybe socks would do the trick but not if have to check twice per day

I suppose could use just during the appropriate times

thanks for info

I have a different take. The checking multiple times a day thing is only during peak pollen season. So a few weeks (once a day is fine for my pool/location). I use hair nets so there is no rinsing. I just toss them. At 6 cents a piece I can afford that for two skimmers.

They keep my cartridges much cleaner than otherwise. All pollen caught in skimmer socks would normally be on the filter. If I didn’t use them I’d have to clean my cartridges an extra time during the summer with all the pollen and dog fur that would get through.

Let the pups swim! Ours LOVE it so we LOVE it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.