Anyone test their tap water with liquid test kit?

So, I love my liquid “5-way” test. It’s results are very similar to my pool stores results. After I opened my pool this year I got a zero reading at the store for chlorine. I confirmed it with my 5-way test. I have determined that I need a new salt cell and ordered it.

But in the process I decided to test my tap water as I had never seen a zero chlorine result. When I tested it my tap water is giving me a result of 1.5-2 on the chlorine scale. I waited to see if the bromine level was any different, but it stayed the same color. Has anyone tested this before and is it normal to get this level of free chlorine in tap water?

So, I love my liquid “5-way” test. It’s results are very similar to my pool stores results. After I opened my pool this year I got a zero reading at the store for chlorine. I confirmed it with my 5-way test. I have determined that I need a new salt cell and ordered it.

But in the process I decided to test my tap water as I had never seen a zero chlorine result. When I tested it my tap water is giving me a result of 1.5-2 on the chlorine scale. I waited to see if the bromine level was any different, but it stayed the same color. Has anyone tested this before and is it normal to get this level of free chlorine in tap water?
Yes.

But you won't see Bromine in tap water.

Some water companies use Chloramines to prevent pipe corrosion or something, so it's not unheard of to measure CC straight out of the tap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.