Help with replacing filter and pump

linda1

Mar 26, 2010
Western Pa.
We have been using a Pentair EasyClean D.E. (EC60) filter system since 2010. Last year and again this year we have problems with the DE returning to the pool. We've checked and rechecked everything we can think of and can't figure out what is going on. The filter is starting to degrade and you can scrap the plastic with your finger nail. My husband feels it should be replaced if for nothing else, safety reasons.

Pentair now sells the Clean and Clear system. I don't see that it uses DE, just the cartridge. It looks identical to what we have now. Does anyone have this system? TheEasyClean DE, EC 60 kept our water crystal clear. Can anyone tell what size of the Clean and Clear would I need? Any help is appreciated.

I think the 150 or the 200 would work for you. They look about the same size as your old filter. The old filter had 60 square feet of filter area, and these have 150 and 200 square feet of filter area, respectively.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.