Trying to find Intex 1.5 hose T-joint

May 21, 2018
Boston, MA
Hi, I just 'upgraded' my 15x48" Intex pool by cutting larger 1.5 holes so I can put in my sand filter / saltwater pump and let it rip without constraint.

My pool as 3 holes... One outlet, two inlet.

I cut larger holes for the 1x outlet and 1x inlet and placed the larger parts that I sourced. No problem here!

Now I have a problem. The remaining 1x outlet can either be plugged with the original diameter strainer plug (likely to leak), or better still I'd like to punch a larger 1.5 hole in that BEFORE I fill it up more in order to put in another hose / possibly a surface skimmer in that location.

Here's my problem
I cannot find anywhere a Intex 1.5 hose T-joint. This is required in order to combine 2x 1.5 inch hoses into the filter. I looked online on Intex and there is nothing.

1. Should I keep searching? Is there any benefit to having 2x inlets with this larger 1500 gph sand filter pump I have?
2. or just fill it up and plug the remaining hole with the smaller diameter strainer hole plug? I guess I could also use a cork in the end to make it completely plugged.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!

i cut out my other inlet and i put this in there in case i ever wanted to plumb in something later. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B003ZTM0O2/ref=sxr_rr_xsim_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=4518303533042278392&pd_rd_wg=kpwGs&pf_rd_r=0X7A9ER0GX83PV8HKXMY&pf_rd_s=desktop-rhs-carousels&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B003ZTM0O2&pd_rd_w=tk6JX&pf_rd_i=hayward+sand+filter+parts&pd_rd_r=73a7521d-4789-4ac1-b537-4c0624d243a1&ie=UTF8&qid=1527341127&sr=1. then i went to home depot and bought a 1.5" threaded plug, put a little pipe seal around it and screwed it in. always have something for future if i need it.

Any good hardware store will have a t hose barb that will work with you equip. I have a hose barb in one of my hoses and it was a tight fit had to use some heat to get it to fit. The problem with Intex is they use a odd ball thread so u cant run to the hardware store for parts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.