Coleman pool - help please!

May 25, 2018
Iowa city, iowa
Looking for any insight- we purchased a Coleman pool from Walmart and are hoping to do salt water, so we also got the summer waves salt system. I would like to upgrade the the pump, but I can’t get anything locally - it will be a week or so until I can get an Intex pump delivered. In the meantime, I have the pump hooked to the salt system and am ready to turn it on but I realized that is two plugs, and I’m already worried about using an extension cord. I’m guessing people do this - just want to make sure I’m hooking it up right.

We do have well water, so any insight into that would be great! Thanks!

While it's definitely not ideal, use of a heavy gauge extension cord can be done for circulation purposes. Not everyone as a close by outlet off the house or building.

Just make sure it isn't plugged in when people are in the pool. Also I'd elevate the plugs off the ground onto a block or platform to minimize the chance of water getting into the connection. Also cover it with with a bucket. If you could run a dedicated outlet on its own circuit to the area that is the best way to go.

is it at least a GFI extension cord? i did use an extension cord my very first year. it did have a GFI on it. i think it was a 10 gauge cord. then i ran my own circuit from the breaker panel in my house and installed a GFI plug. it was pretty simple since my breaker panel is on the back side of the house.

Most of the box stores have the gfi installed in the cord now, not sure about the rest of the equip. If installing a outlet make sure you don't grab a AFCI outlet or breaker. They don't play nice with electric motors they are starting to become code but do not play nice. Anyware that has em i cannot run a saw, weed eater, etc. I carry a gfi plug and breaker in my work stuff now so i can swap out while working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.