Need to increase my CYA

JenF75

Jul 12, 2017
Stouffville, ON, Canada
I need to increase my CYA (currently 40, aiming for 70-80), but before I run out and buy something, I'm trying to use up what I received in my new pool purchase bundle. Does anyone have any experience using Salt One from IPG pool products? There is not a list of ingredients on the packaging nor on their website. The product description sounds like it's the right stuff, but I'm just not sure.

(Product description: Increases sanitizer efficiency protecting from UV rays. Produces water softness. Delays corrosion. Reduces the wear of your salt generator cells. SALT ONE is designed to support salt generator and is to be used once in the spring after the pool opening. Its innovating formula will improve bather comfort and protect cells. This specialized pool product combined with salt generator enhances efficiency and water quality. It is a balanced pH formula that will not affect pool water parameters. Makes pool water crystal clear.)

I have sent the company an email inquiring about what exactly is in Salt One, but have yet to hear back. Thanks!!

Put some in a bucket of water and run your TF100 tests on it and see what you get.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.