Auto chlorine feeder or a floater for low chlorine levels?

flyboy320

Jul 23, 2009
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
We are installing a Delta UV system in our pool, and I understand that this should help reduce the amount of chlorine needed over a "traditional" pool. If only a small amount (what ever that amount is!) of chlorine is need in the pool, what would be the better way to add it? The builder is installing a Hayward CL-220, and I understand many people feel this is not the best choice, but I figure I will let him install it, and then I can decide later to use it or not. Would this be the best solution, or would another way, like a floater style work better?

Floaters add chlorine at a pretty slow rate. Go with the chlorinator, or better yet, forget the UV and the chlorinator and use a salt water chlorine generator.

JohnT said:
Floaters add chlorine at a pretty slow rate. Go with the chlorinator, or better yet, forget the UV and the chlorinator and use a salt water chlorine generator.

Went though that debate before we started the project, and decided there is no "ideal" solution. Didn't like the problems some people experience with SWG (the stones deteriorating around the pools edge, or heaters rusting out when not grounded properly, etc.). UV is not perfect either, but it's UV we decided on, so still lots of reading to do regarding pool chemistry!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.