I Did Not Think The Pool Would Be Ready This Soon

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
Sometime in March I noticed the cover had come partially off one spot on the pool. I don't know how long it was like that but figured there's nothing I can do until spring. So I pulled the cover last Thursday and there was lots of schmudge and a brown film all over the bottom of the pool. After starting the pump, sand was coming out the return, that turned out be broken center pipe on the lateral assembly. I found one locally Friday and got the water moving Friday night. OCLT from Friday to Saturday the chlorine dropped considerably. It dropped again Saturday but seemed more stable Sunday morning. After vacuuming Friday night and 3 times on Saturday (once in my bathing suit in the rain) and a whole lot of backwashing the pool was swimmable yesterday. pH is good, TA is good, chlorine seems stable and I'm going to start the SWG this week.

Here's to swimming!!! Good job.

March in NC is pool opening time. You can eliminate the schmudge next year if you open before the water temp reaches 60 (the temp at which algae grows generally begins).

Theoretically perhaps yes, but the proof is in the schmudge pudding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.