Raypak 2100 heaterand ILO

Nov 3, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
About 2 years ago, I replaced my control board and last year, due to getting an ILO error, I replaced the pilot assembly. The pilot assembly seemed to solve the problem until recently. Tonight it took 7 tries before the heater would finally ignite. The only other thing I can think to replace is the gas valve.

Any other ideas?

If you haven't used it for a while it could take a number of tries to light especially on a propane system. Had you recently had an empty tank of propane?

The gas valve is working or it wouldn't have lit at all. The thing to look for is to pull the from door off when it is sparking and look under down and see if the pilot lit or not. If it hasn't lit, then it could be purging air that somehow got in the line. If it lit and is still sparking, then you could have some other issue like a board problem.

If you haven't used it for a while it could take a number of tries to light especially on a propane system. Had you recently had an empty tank of propane?

The gas valve is working or it wouldn't have lit at all. The thing to look for is to pull the from door off when it is sparking and look under down and see if the pilot lit or not. If it hasn't lit, then it could be purging air that somehow got in the line. If it lit and is still sparking, then you could have some other issue like a board problem.

Yes, it has been months since we used it and it is propane. Thanks for your reply!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.