Time for a Robotic Cleaner. Which one?

zamazing

Jul 18, 2015
Bergen County, NJ
My Hayward Phantom is on its last leg and only skims the pool surface (can’t get it to clean the floor) so it’s time for a new cleaner. Reading the recommendations on this forum, I’ve convinced myself to try a robotic cleaner. I’m surprised at how many different models are available from just Maytronics alone. Given the size of my pool and my interest in automation, I’m leaning towards the Dolphin Premium Class. But even within that class there are at least four to choose from and I can tell any differences among them from the Dolphin Website. Does anyone know the differences between these models: S300i, Active 30i, T55i, and M500? Also interested to know if buying from the web is the way to go given the current t $175 rebate on all these models. Any help would be appreciated?

I went ahead and ordered the S300i from Marina Pool and Spa. It's $250 less than the M500 and comes with a 2-year warranty instead of 3. The M500 is supposed to be a better cleaner because it has an extra center brush. The S300i has the new "quick water release" feature and the multi-layer filter that the M500 does not. Based on the reviews here I felt that the S300i would be adequate for my pool and is at the right price point - $949 less the manufacturer rebate of $125.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.