Slippery Stairs resolution

May 22, 2009
Columbia, SC
My wife was all for the no hand rail look on the stairs until you slipped this weekend. I have now been tasked with finding a resolution. I was hoping a seach would show up something for non-skid/slip tape here but I came up blank.
What I would like is a 2-3 inch tape that I could apply without draining. AM I out of luck or am I just not searching the right things?
Thanks

I believe you are out of luck. I couldn't find anything when I had the same issue. When I lowered the pool water, The steps were carefully dried and I put on the strips for a bathtub. Upon refill, those strips came off in the first 90 days.

We put a water-proof non-skid strip long the coping of our AGP to keep the dogs from slipping. It's a 1" wide strip that fits perfectly on the raised parts of the coping. It does not stick to wood and would not stick to the steps because of the 'bumps' on the steps surfaces.

I wear boat shoes or beach shoes in the pool. Sometimes my liner gets slippery and keeps me from walking fast. Given the exercising I do with the dogs I have to be able to walk in the pool at a fair speed (my dogs are fast swimmers). The shoes give me traction. A side benefit is that they keep me from noticing the dips and valleys in the bottom and I don't obsess over them as much :)

Boat shoes might be the answer.

We manufacture a non-slip tread that may be applicable to your issue. It is made of 100% aluminum and is actually pretty easy on bare feet. It is called The Handi-Tread(tm). It can be screwed into place into cement with Tapcon screws. Otherwise, the pool water level could be lowered and a waterproof epoxy could be used if it was bonded to fiberglass. We have sold some to pool users and they have said they work great. Take a look at www.handitreads.com. They come in 9 different colors and 4 sizes. One is a stair nosing with tape on it that I would recommend against. The others are flat treads approximately 4"x30", 4" x 12", and 2" x 30".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.