Here we go! Starting conversion from Baquacil -> Salt

I would suggest only adding chlorine at night at this point. It may take an extra day or two BUT you’ll save a ton in chlorine loss. At this point most is likely being consumed by the sun. Additionally I’d suggest preforming an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight and see what ya get.

update: I confirmed with the owner (again) that he didn't think he used CDX. Can you test for CDX and/or Baquacil using the Taylor 2006c test kit?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. I just vacuumed, brushed the walls & backwashed again for good measure even though the pool looked spotless. I'm not seeing any goop in the middle of the pool, floating around, in the skimmer box or the pipes (that i can see). The filter is barely backwashing anything out after running for almost 12 hours.

update: I confirmed with the owner (again) that he didn't think he used CDX. Can you test for CDX and/or Baquacil using the Taylor 2006c test kit?
------------No, but i dont see the need. you are CLOSE!-----------

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. I just vacuumed, brushed the walls & backwashed again for good measure even though the pool looked spotless. I'm not seeing any goop in the middle of the pool, floating around, in the skimmer box or the pipes (that i can see). The filter is barely backwashing anything out after running for almost 12 hours.

might be time for you to change your sand. Dont be discouraged by failing the OCLT. There may be some stuff lurking in lines too. CLOSE!

Update!

I think i had some weak bleach - dollar store stuff. I went and bought some concentrated bleach and got it up to 15 FC and had no loss overnight! I followed the rest of the conversion process (added CYA, changed the filter media, etc). My levels are all looking great! We had two awesome days of swimming in a crystal clear pool and everything was perfect for our Memorial Day party!

Next step is to get the salt added to the pool and to fire up the SWG!

Thank you all for your help!

If you used your solar cover on the baq pool, you may want to replace with a new one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.