dirt ring in skimmer

Murray16

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Mar 30, 2016
Baltimore, MD
Hello,

I have a dirt ring in my skimmer

and was wondering if a special cleaner is needed, or is something like simple green ok to try? I just don't want to screw up any chemistry. I kind of doubt it with the small amount of cleaner needed compared to the entire pool. But wanted to run it by everyone here first.

I do have an SWG and need to update my signature for that.

Thanks.

Inside there you have many options. I like to start with just elbow grease myself and use either a green kitchen scrubbing sponge or a Magic Eraser. Those should work well on the plastic without any cleaner at all. If however you feel a cleaner is needed, stick to what you use already in the pool - some water & bleach or perhaps a little water and acid mixed 5:1. In almost all cases for me, the elbow grease and one of those items above worked well for the skimmer and even a scum line if it develops around the waterline. Happy scrubbing!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.