What were you doing before TFP?

Went to pool store for a few years and ALWAYS did exactly what they told me to do. When it went cloudy after shocking and one guy told me it was probably too much calcium and I would have to drain the pool if it didn't clear up, I went on the internet for answers. Found TFP and never looked back. The real kicker was when the same guy told me he does NOT own a pool and never will, that clinched it - decided to never listen to them again.
I do go to the store for sales on equipment, chlorine, pool toys and always have fun talking with the manager. I wonder if he realizes I never buy any more of the Bioguard chemicals?
:lovetfp:

I never went in a pool store except to buy the pool and "learn how to maintain a pool". I joined TFP fairly quickly after the pool was built. I bought and had the AquaSmarte tab feeder installed. I was searching the interwebs on ways to not use the expensive, proprietary, replaceable trichlor cartridges and mineral pack. It let me here and the real learning began. My first few posts were pretty raw, but I learned to understand the process fairly quickly and saw the benefit. I haven't looked back.

I used to have an AGP and I would spend my money at pool stores. I would shock my pool to get it clear and swim... shock to get it clear again and swim... shock and swim...shock and swim... and that's what I did all summer 7 years ago. It's no wonder my skin started irritating me but I thought I was sensitive to the sun. Yup...I was dumb. I was the only one swimming cause kids said the water was toooooo cold...but I was like..whatever... I'll shock it and swim... I was such a fool.

Once I got my IGP, I went to the pool store "one time" and that was it...NEVER AGAIN. Found TFP and have been swimming in bliss since.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.