Jerks with Wings

Operation Wasp Doom has commenced! Skill-It arrived today, put a couple of ounces in just now. I drowned two wasps today while I was in pool, so the number seems to have dwindled. Still, we shall see!

Yes! Today is the first day since last post that it hasn’t been raining! I tested my water around noon, no wasps. Went outside with dogs around 5:30, and I have four wasps that have met their untimely end! Plus a bunch of love bugs, which is great, a few less to be stuck on my car!

I only added two ounces. No change to my chemistry. It did foam for a few minutes, then that was gone.

More dead wasps today!

I actually have my auto cleaner attached to the return, and I don’t put stuff in my skimmer. So I cast it across the surface and stirred with my brush. It wasn’t a lot of foam, and was gone in a few minutes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My issue may not be any kind of a sting-y anything, but they do just annoy the *#;'% out of you (me).
Maybe they're a local blight here in NE Texas, lucky all you others if so.

Flying ants.
During a certain season - which we just arrived at - they suddenly 'arrive' - sporadically, but on each occasion they do so ALL AT ONCE, and evidently either VERY THIRSTY, or HOT

I'll get to the pool - to monitor, check, test, clean, or, who knows? Swim (ie float and doze!) maybe!

And it'll be covered in them. And the skimmer sock and basket will be full of them. And I'll be all over the pool with a leaf net gathering them up just to turn around and find a bunch more have landed where the surface two minutes/seconds ago was spotless
:brickwall::evil:

Does ANYone out there know how to hold them at bay?!
Maybe set up a ring of fire around the pool?!

Yeah, we get the flying ant swarms too. Thankfully it doesn’t seem to last long. I just skim, skim and skim some more.

i had the same flying ant problem for about 2 days this year. last year we had to deal with them for about a week or two. it seemed like everyday around 2pm these things would come in for about an hour or so. i did however cut down a couple of trees behind my fence line and have not seen them except those 2 days. dont know if cutting down a couple of trees made a difference but they are not around this year

Many of us in Arizona use swamp coolers which circulate water which attract wasps as soon as you turn them on every year. The best way I found to deter them are just hanging up a dryer sheet here and there. Doesn't seem to matter which smell but I have not had wasp or mud dauber issues in years. I just change them out now and then or maybe once a year.

Huh, Monkey! That is interesting! I will have to try that!

(no need for swamp coolers here!)

Update...I do have an endless supply of bees due to the beekeeper across the road. The bees since treatment are less inclined to hang out in the pool directly, and ultimately die if the do. But the little morons are now constantly trying to invade the deck box where the wet noodles go to get at the chlorine scent on the noodles.

I need to get a saltwater decoy going in the front yard again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.