Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy water

1. Back To Top    #1

Cloudy water

Noticed this morning my pool was cloudy. 9í deep and could barely see the bottom drain.

Results from last test on Saturday (5/5)
    FC 2.5
    pH 7.6
    TA 90
    CH 300
    CYA 40

Tested FC on Wednesday and was down to .5 so decided to add enough to bump up to 8 as we are having a lot of swimming this weekend. Noticed pool got cloudy. Maybe thatís normal, but just curious.

Thanks,
    27,000gal IG Plaster
    Triton TR100 Sand Filter
    Pentair Challenger 1HP Pump
    Dolphin M400

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cloudy water

Sounds like your water got stressed from the low FC and it on the verge of a SLAM. It's definitely time to bump that FC to at least 10. With that CYA of 40, 10 is only half the SLAM level anyways - perfectly safe. Run it that way through this evening and through the weekend. If you let it fall a little for the visitors it won't matter a whole lot. But when Sunday gets here and all the swimming is done, I'd do an overnight (OCLT) test to see if you need to SLAM.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cloudy water

Will do
    27,000gal IG Plaster
    Triton TR100 Sand Filter
    Pentair Challenger 1HP Pump
    Dolphin M400