Chlorine level after slamming

May 9, 2018
Antioch illinois
Im new to following the Trouble free pool way of doing things. It's working great so far but I have a question about chlorine levels after slamming. My CYA is pretty high at 55 (the reason I switched to liquid chlorine). When I SLAM it seems to take a week or more to get down below my target level where I need to add more chlorine. Its cold and no one is using pool yet. Is this normal? Im using a DPD Taylor test kit and Slammed to 22ppm Chlorine. It seems weird going over a week with out needing to add Chlorine. Also This time I passed the 3 tests, but after 6 Days when I got down to 8ppm I had Combined Chlorine around .5ppm. I attributed the CC to the fact that a lot of tree buds blew into the pool during a storm.

Colder water and lack of sun can slow the FC burn off.

I assuming you mean you are using a FAS-DPD chlorine test. DPD is different.

Remember CC <= 0.5ppm is nothing to worry about, they come and go.

As the water warms up and the sun is more intense, the FC will be dropping faster. Just keep it above the minimum for your CYA at all times and you will have a great summer! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.