Still Learning

If you go to top of the page and click on the Pool Math button, you can add your gallons near the top left (6000). Then under FC, use the left box to type in your starting FC and the right box for your target FC. Make sure and choose the correct strength (8.25%) and it will tell you exactly how much. So, if you punch in 3.6 on the left and 8.0 on the right box, it should tell you to add 40 oz. liquid chlorine or bleach.

To get to shock level for your SLAM, you need FC at 20 PPM because that corresponds with your CYA of 50. So from 3.6 to 20, you need about 148 oz.

I would stick to using the 10 mL sample for testing your FC. Just count each drop as .5 instead of .2 and you will save a lot of reagent chemicals. Otherwise, they will go quickly, especially if you have to SLAM and test several times a day.

From this pic the pool looks great. I suppose a shock won't hurt but thats up to you and the experts. Your doing great!

Todays numbers

FC 2
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 120
CH 120
CYA 50

OK I followed the process for the slam and raised my PH to 7.6 and now my pool is very cloudy can barely see the fist step on the ladder. Last night I used Soda Ash around 6 pm and now I can't swim today. I am going to raise the FC to 20 tonight to start the slam. Now my wife is going to be mad that we can't swim.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.