When to change?

Debstar60 said:
LOL..Jason..I think I get it. I was assuming it would stay at 15 I guess. ok going to quite worrying about it until time to worry.

Thanks,
Debbie

The sun will burn off chlorine during the day, along with any organics (swimmers! :goodjob: ) that find a way into the pool. The pool will naturally drift down to your target due to these factors after you've finished the conversion.

Debstar60 said:
I'm still waiting on my test kit..ordered Monday night. How much CYA should I have ready to go? and when I start should I start a new thread?

Thanks
Debbie

No need to start a new thread, just keep updating this one.

You will need at least 5 lbs of CYA, that should get you close to 40. You can go a bit higher.

Do you know how to use the Pool Calculator?

Hi..yes I think I figured out the calculator. Just want to double check on something......Is the Walmart CYA ok?....I was told it is all the same. I think I would like to start a new thread or can I change the name of mine so people will know when I start my conversion?

Thanks so much,
Debbie

Went to pool store ..for the last time!! Here are my numbers.Should have test kit tomorrow.

Baquacil Sanitizer...24
Oxidizer................6
TA.......................68
PH.......................7.8

I have algae on the bottom of pool.I'm ready to get started.Going to get PH down.

Thanks to everyone in advance...and thanks Mike
Debbie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.