Wife says we need to drain and start over

as,

The original version of the Intellichlor could be calibrated, but that has not been the case for 8 years, maybe more... Your 2 year old cell cannot be calibrated.

Every time you clean a cell with MA, you reduce its lifespan a little... Assuming your cell is clean in between the plates, then a flashing cell light usually means the cell is bad. :(

Just to make sure we are on the same page... As you pointed out, the cell light turns on when the cell is making chlorine and is off when the cell is resting.. about every five minutes or so... I assume your cell light is actually flashing... like a stop light does???

If the cell is only two years old, it might still be under warranty.. I would check with your PB or Pentair.

When the pump is running and the cell is on, if you have a green salt level light, a green flow light and some of the output lights on, then there is little else you can do to make the cell work...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Correct, it’s flashing green like a stoplight flashes. When I unplug it and then plug it back in, the green light will come on and act like it’s working for about 5 minutes, then it starts flashing.

There was no build up on any of the plates either time I used the MA. The very first time the light started flashing there was some leaf parts stuck at the very front part of the cell near the flow sensor.

All of the other lights are green, the salt is at a good level and the flow is good.

If there's no buildup then there's no reason to clean the cell with acid. You're just shortening the life of the cell.

I wonder if the Pentair is similar to Hayward in that there is a check cell warning that occurs after a certain period of time. It does not mean there's anything wrong it is just a reminder to look at the cell.

If there's no buildup then there's no reason to clean the cell with acid. You're just shortening the life of the cell.

I wonder if the Pentair is similar to Hayward in that there is a check cell warning that occurs after a certain period of time. It does not mean there's anything wrong it is just a reminder to look at the cell.

Should I just let it keep running and see if the light stops blinking?

Pentair IC SWCG's do not have the 'check cell' light that the Hayward does.

If the Cell light is blinking, it needs to be cleaned, or if clean, the cell has failed.

Take care.

A quick follow up. I talked with a nice guy from pentair this morning. He wants me to get the meatl level of the water checked. If it has a high metal content then it could be throwing off the plates.

I believe you can get iron/copper (not sure?) checked at pool store (the one test that is "okay" to get there, lol, I believe it's either positive or negative, don't quote me on that yet) ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.