Blue green stains on new plaster?

Apr 26, 2018
Verona
Had my pool gunite, redone last Sept. When done refilled and it operated for approx 5.5 weeks no swimming just kept it running to cure. Kept chemistry good. Brushed and vacuumed daily or every other day. Winterized and left half full as always and covered. Uncovered to find severe blue green blotches at half full line and up to top. Very minimal under half full line. Acid does nothing, vitamin c does nothing, tested for copper and lead all good. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20180425_152200.jpg
    20180425_152200.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 36
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: When I saw this post yesterday, my jaw hit the floor. That's a lot of discoloration following a recent re-plaster job. What worries me are the unknowns to this point, but I'll ask you some questions to see if it helps give us a better picture of what happened and/or if anything can be done to improve your situation:
- "Kept chemistry good." Please tell us how the water was tested (local store, yourself w/ what test kit?)
- What start-up process was used once the pool was refilled? Do you know?
- What have your plaster contractors said? Is there any warranty period?
- Who winterized your pool, and what products were used (chemically) to treat the water when closing for the winter (anti-freeze, algaecides, etc? - what kinds?)
- How did you test for copper?

That laundry list of questions should kick off a decent dialog by which we hope to get you some answers. Thanks for using the forum.

The strange thing is that the staining is above the water line... so this area was basically exposed all winter..
What kind of safety cover do you have.. it almost looks like cover bleed dye or something down the pool walls.

Strange for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.