Heat Pump Issue

Aug 16, 2017
Indiana
Our pool was installed in October of 2017, however, due to the weather our pool equipment wasn't installed until 3 weeks ago. It was cool on the day of the installation, so the heat pump would not work. It has been in the mid to high 60's a few days and they heat pump still displays an error code LP. Shouldn't the heat pump be able to operate with an ambient temperature of 65 and water temperature of 55?

The pool builder who installed my pool, buys everything from royalswimmingpools.com, so technically the pool builder was the purchaser of the equipment and Hayward states that the original purchaser and location are covered by the warranty, non-transferable. Does that mean I could get the builder to file the warranty claim, or do you think I am stuck with repairing it at my own cost?

It doesn't work that way. As long as the heat pump was purchased new by the PB to install for you. It is yours. Hayward will see it that way. Which 1 do you have? They generally should work above 50°. Just as it gets warmer it operates more efficiently. Did you look in the book to see what the code means?

It sounds like your heat pump is low on refrigerant or a sensor is bad. Its definitely a warranty thing if its brand new and never been run. If it is low refrigerant push really hard for a brand new replacement and don't let them repair it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.