SW Chicago/IL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
About 2 years ago we installed a Leisure Pools Ultimate pool which has a built in spa. We also installed an auto cover, but were concerned about the edges of the spa. Our builder worked to make sure the tile was rounded and smooth on the corners of the spa, but we are still seeing premature wear of the cover in those spots as we thought we might. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas that might help to lessen this. While extending the life of the cover is priority, something aesthetically pleasing would be preferred as well. I was considering putting a patch on the cover on each of the corners to strengthen them, almost like an elbow patch on a jacket. Our builder was thinking possibly some sort of clear corner protector that you would use to baby proof a table, but we were not sure how well it would stay in place. I'm not sure there is a good solution, but I'm just looking for any ideas or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 44
When closing the cover, does it move to the bottom left in the picture or to the top right?

It’s not elegant but I’d drape a somewhat folded beach towel over the corner and into the spa. Since the cover is pulling over it and the towel will grab onto the corner, it should stay in place as it would be heavy and wet. Then either hang it to dry or plop it somewhere if it’s going back in after the day of swimming.

Or if you had some big rubber angle piece in the shape of an L that would work too. Sort of the child safety stuff but on steroids.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.