Polaris Robotic motor blocks

Aug 4, 2013
I am on my second motor block with. 9400 4wd. This is a great cleaner but motor blocks do not seem to last over 2 years. First was replaced under warranty, then it went out about 18 months later
So have 2 questions
1- are the motor blocks interchangeable? The 9300 is about $150 less than the 9400
2- has anyone else had this issue? Wondering if this may be operator error.
Thanks for the help

I don't deal with Polaris cleaners personally but a friend who was in the industry as well and sold them said the motor units went out like clockwork within 3 years, but that was a while ago and I thought they had gotten better. Also before I worked at the place I do they sold robotic Polaris cleaners and the same issue happened were just about all of them died in warranty.

I don't know if they are interchangeable but from what I know from how other manufacturers work, I'll say probably. If anything they might just run different programming and/or have different capabilities. But the dimensions and voltages are probably the same. At least they don't seem to be drawn any differently in parts breakdowns. I'd call a supplier and find out though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.