Narrowed my (AGP) robots to these 2 - any thoughts?

Pauls234

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 4, 2012
Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hi All,

I am debating between the Pool Rover S2 40i (~$300) and the Aquabot Breeze xls, (~$400) leaning towards the xls breeze for these reasons:

50 foot cord vs 40 foot cord (may need this given outlet location and a 30 foot pool) and (claiming) anti-tangle swivel

Brushes on the Breeze XLS means less manual brushing for me, no brushes on the S2 40

Anything else I am missing or thoughts on either of these? Trying to avoid going up to $600+ for a dolphin, seems overkill for AGP.

Here are relevant Amazon links:

https://www.amazon.com/Aquabot-ABREEZ4-X-Large-Scrubbers-Above-Ground/dp/B00C5QKDBI/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1524173858&sr=1-1&keywords=aquabot+breeze+xls

Amazon.com : POOL ROVER S2 40, US, JET, 115VAC/48VDC, BLUE : Swimming Pool Robotic Cleaners : Garden Outdoor

Mechanically speaking, they're literally the same robot. Same motor, same cable, same power supply. Just one has bags and one has baskets. The "brushes" are just rubber flaps that drag on the ground and do almost nothing.

This type of unit from Aquaproducts is not terribly reliable. The cables snap/short out and the motors get waterlogged in a relatively short amount of time. If you're lucky it will happen within the one year warranty these usually have. If not, the motor costs $200 as a part and same for the cable.

Dolphin makes a AGP cleaner and its $450 with a 1 year warranty. It has an active scrubbing brush, big easy to clean filter basket, and 2 motors instead of one: https://www.amazon.com/Maytronics-Dolphin-E10-Swimming-Cleaner/dp/B01BUE8XVC

Or you can call Marina Pool and Spa and get pricing on an Active 10, which is also a AGP cleaner. Should be around the same price as the E10 and it has a 2 year warranty.

Have you considered the Aquabot X4? It is similar to the breeze you listed but has an active brush and a longer cord. I've been very pleased with mine. It also has two top loading filter baskets which are very easy to pop out and clean. My unit came with a caddy and has a 3 year warranty. Mine was $600.

Mitchell - I did look at that one, but wanted to keep my expenditure in the $300 range. Was willing to go to $400 for the brush and longer cord, but $600 is more than I would like to spend at this point unless there are some really beneficial features.

Bombardier -that is some strong feedback, thank you! I also read your thread on the Dolphins, good info. I did not realize that Dolphin made any cleaners under $600 or so, but they are so well regarded here that I'd be willing to stretch to $450 for one. Just need to make sure that a 40ft cord is long enough for my needs.

So what is this Marina Pool and Spa that I have suddenly seen all over the Pool Cleaning forum? Google tells me they are in CO, is that what you are talking about?

Yea that’s them. Many people here have are bought from them. They don’t sell online but instead you call them. Their customer service is top notch, should there be any issues.

You can get the Dolphin E10 refurbished unit with 1 year Maytronics warranty from poolpartz.com for $ 399

I got mine about a year ago and love it. Some have tried the pool rover and ended up
returning it and going with the E10.

Here's my review:
Dolphin E10 Review

If you do go with this model, you should get the fine filter cartridge available at Marina.
It makes a big difference keeping dirt from settling back on the floor.

They're a Maytronics dealer and service center in CO, yes. They bypass Maytronics' brick and mortar only rules by selling over the phone as opposed to online, so you get to keep your warranty. I'm not a huge fan of the practice as a dealer myself because they pretty much undercut the whole market, but honestly it's not like I even mention my store on here so it's easy to point people to them.

Mitchell - I did look at that one, but wanted to keep my expenditure in the $300 range. Was willing to go to $400 for the brush and longer cord, but $600 is more than I would like to spend at this point unless there are some really beneficial features.

I can understand that! Easy to get carried away when looking at these robots. I just don't understand what those rubber flaps on the bottom of the breeze are supposed to do. I wanted active brushing and easy to clean filter baskets.

Mitchell, it's an important point and the fact that the brush seems nearly useless is a deal breaker for me.

Thanks to others for input as well, strongly leaning towards the E10, that thread was super helpful.

One concern - my pool is 30 feet, electric is 15 feet from the pool. Amazon says the cord is 40 feet, which would mean that some (not large) portion of the pool is unreachable.

Marina pool website is worded a bit differently, says recommended for "pools up to 40 feet."

Can anyone clarify or offer real world experience with a similar set up as mine?

The Maytronics website says for pools up to 30ft. It all depends on the location of your outlet. It its in the middle it might work but if its at either end it might not work. Actually, they might both be correct. Maytronics recommends to put the power supply about 10ft from the edge of the pool and it covers pools up to 30ft. The cord is probably 10+30=40.

According to the Maytronics website the cable is 50ft. E10 - Maytronics

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.