speaker mount ideas

rajung

Mar 17, 2015
Cedar Falls, Iowa
I am ditching my hard wired outdoor rated speakers for Bluetooth set up.
Even though rated for outdoors, the terminals are still exposed somewhat and the wire eventually corrodes. I am using 2 JBL Charge 3 speakers which are 3.5 inches in diameter.They only have the standard 33 foot range but I picked up a Bluetooth extender which now I have over 150ft without loss,
If anyone is familiar with these speakers, please let me know what would work as a mount for a deck post. I thought about a bike sports bottle holder but they are a little to narrow for the diameter.THX

I like inventing using sheet metal when possible which could work if you have access to that. My other quick idea is to strap the speaker using those thick EPDM (rubber) bungee straps that you can buy at Lowe's. I assume that you want to mount them horizontally (long dimension). If you cut off the end of the bungee where the metal hook goes, you have a straight piece of thick rubber. Carefully drill a small hole through the rubber, maybe 3/16", to allow a screw to pass through. Fasten both ends where they will be hidden behind the speaker creating a loop for the speaker to snugly pass into. Use 2 straps per speaker. Could work?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.