First SLAM in 10+ years

Big change in color in less than one hour.

Before and After first addition of chlorine.

FC 10
CC 1

Nice!! Looks like you knocked out the ammonia pretty quick. Getting all that organic goop off the bottom helps a lot too.

How’s the filter pressure?

Pressure gauge hasn't moved off 10 since I put the DE in it. I thought it be worse but it's not. I'm going to sweep tomorrow n then change the DE. The CCs are burning off right now. You can smell the pool before you see it. I added another gallon of 10% n will check it tonight before bed.

Pressure gauge hasn't moved off 10 since I put the DE in it. I thought it be worse but it's not. I'm going to sweep tomorrow n then change the DE. The CCs are burning off right now. You can smell the pool before you see it. I added another gallon of 10% n will check it tonight before bed.

Be sure to wear your long underwear...what is up with your weather?? I got plenty of hot air here, I blow some your way.

We're going to get one last cold front blowing through tomorrow and then highs in the mid 60s! It's been crazy cold here!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping to have a crystal clear pool a week from today. :mrgreen:

I can see where I missed debris on the bottom where an hour ago I couldn't.

FC 13
CC 2

Update... :mrgreen:

I'm a little over 12 hours into my SLAM and I can see the liner print on the bottom of my pool.

BEFORE

AFTER (12 hours)

Leaves I missed during the first vac to waste before SLAM.

I'll be sweeping and brushing the pool when it warms up.

Test results as of this morning at 0530...
FC 15
CC 1.5

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I did some modifications to the filter today by adding shut off valves. I hate breaking it down without them. I also bought a new gauge. Just SLAM'ed again and will be brushing the walls n floor within the hour.

Just brushed the pool. It's clearing nicely, given the fact it was a green swamp just 24 hours ago.

This is before brushing. You can see the brush relatively well.

After brushing. The pool has gotten considerably cloudier. I thought I may have had some organic staining but a good brushing has proven otherwise. Chunks of algae were floating up off the walls as I went around the pool.

I will be sweeping the pool this evening after it settles for a couple hours.

Pool hasn't settled yet so I'll sweep tomorrow. Checked levels.

FC 10ppm
CC 0-.5

Added more chlorine to get up to 12. Will check before bed and in morning.

Just went out and changed the DE in the filter. Pressure was up this morning. The pool is clearing and I can see the bottom again after brushing it.

FC 12
CC 0

I'll post a pic later. My granddaughter will be so so very excited to see her pool!

Just swept the pool. It's made leaps and bounds in under 48 hours! I'm very pleased with TFPC and my DE filter!

This morning's pics before the sweep.

After... left vac in so you could see the head on bottom of the pool.

And a look straight down the wall to the floor.

And one without the vac.

The pool still has clarity issues. I put a skimmer sock on my skimmer basket. My neighbor told me today she's been watching and she is blown away at how fast I got the pool looking clean. :cool: Today's agenda will be another good brushing, cleaning the filter again and more testing. I just added a half g of 10% to bring it up to 15ppm.

All leaves are now out of the pool!

Phosphate remover....yeah, you should definitely add phosphate remover....

The DE should improve clarity fairly quickly (24-48 hours). Are you vacuuming through the filter now?

Phosphate remover....yeah, you should definitely add phosphate remover....

The DE should improve clarity fairly quickly (24-48 hours). Are you vacuuming through the filter now?

Yes, I'm vacuuming through the filter since the initial vac to waste. I've had to clean the filter and recharge it with new DE several times now.

It's funny, I went to a local pool store for pool parts and the guy wanted me to by Burn Out. He raved about it saying how his customers needed it last year because they kept getting algae in July n August and couldn't keep a clean pool. He asked me what I'm using because I told him my pool went from dark green to seeing the bottom in 1 day. I told him I put 30ppm CYA in a sock and liquid chlorine. He just looked at me after I told him I bought 50g of 10% . :mrgreen: They also told me that if you put pH decreased on an organic stain, it would lift it. I don't know if that's true or not but it sounded weird.

I filled his pockets enough with stuff I actually needed! :mrgreen:

Every time I go into a pool store for something, and tell them that I use bleach, or liquid chlorine, they say that I am going to burn out the print on my liner with it... to which, I pull out my phone, and show them what THEIR shock did to the pool liner when used by people that just bought it, and FOLLOWED THEIR INSTRUCTIONS to just throw it in! Then I show them my liner as it is now, and ask if they have any more uninformed opinions that they would like to share.
Needless to say that they then shut up, and ring up my purchase.
I JUST opened my pool... CLEAN water!
I LOVE you guys! Since I have found you, you have done nothing but help me!
:)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.