fiberglass pool plumb strip

Hi,

I had a fiberglass pool installed last year and they put that white plumb strip between the pool and cantilever coping. I really don't like the way it looks. Does anyone have any suggestions on what can be done? Can it be removed somehow? Painted? Anything?

Thanks,
David

I have that same strip, but mine is grey. It a little less obnoxious. That piece is screwed to the pool shell, doubt you can remove it. I am not really sure of its purpose. It is a plastic so maybe try a stain to color it or a plastic paint. Not sure how long that would last though.

I just had a fiberglass pool installed on 6/12/18. We received concrete 3 weeks later. I was shown 1 picture of “cantilever”. When they took the form off, I was very confused and questioned the concrete subcontractor (the pool company hired them) as to why the white strip was there. I am still fighting with both. I made it clear that what I was shown and what we have. Until they took the form off, I didn’t even know that there were different profiles of cantilever. The pool company never explained that. I didn’t even know that they concrete people were subcontracted. I thought they were part of the pool company. We were explained very little. Anyway, the entire purpose of “cantilever@ was so that we didn’t have any strip etween the concrete and the pool. This white strip completely ruins the look of it. I’m glad to know I’m not the only person with this issue. They are to send someone out to remove the strip on ours. That was 3 weeks ago? No one has showed yet. I am going to follow up today and ask them if they remove it, will they be filling it with anything. I do believe that there is some type of calming that should go there. Also, you are correct that not all folks use the forms where this obnoxious white strip is there. I thought I was to have a foam form used. I recall sitting at the pool company office and the person pulled out the forms that were to be used. I’m extremely furious because this is a huge investment. 5CD1BA92-97EE-4D82-91BA-8696618ECADB.jpgA2562911-2033-4E1D-A4BC-BA36BE3D709A.jpg

I believe the vinyl strip is part of a flat vinyl sheet separating the coping from the pool wall so that the two can move independently and not crack. It's not uncommon although there are other ways of achieving the same end. Honestly, I don't think it looks bad but YMMV. ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.