Your trusted sources for post lights?!?!

Jun 1, 2017
Pittsboro, NC
Hi all,

We're in the middle of our pool build and quickly realizing we can't have everything we want, at least at this particular time! Our electrical work went significantly over our initial budget and we were fine with that because we knew it would be a pain to run additional wires after the pool was installed. Long story short, our electrician wants to install some really nice lighting. We can't afford all of it. So, we're having three tree lights installed at a cost of about $1000. They're from Cast Lighting. They look nice, they're bronze, but honestly I'm going on his word (which I trust) that they're legit. He wants to install some path lighting that will cost $1000 for 6 lights. It's hard to justify that cost when I know I can get a set at Lowe's for a tenth of that cost. Because we have a decent amount of in-pool lighting and the tree lights, we're waiting on the path lights until we have more money. ANYWAY, we need a pole light near our stairs. He says he'll set the pole for our lighting and I can install a light myself. I am handy and I know how to wire a light, but I'm having trouble locating something that will 1) match, to a certain extent, what we're getting (link below) and 2) be sturdy and long lasting. Cast doesn't make these types of lights, otherwise I'd just bite the bullet and get the corresponding fixture. I'm having trouble finding something. What lighting sources are you using? Here's what we're getting for tree lighting: http://www.cast-lighting.com/landscape-products/cast-classic-led-bullet-cbled141

Thanks in advance!
Laura

I recommend lampsplus.com. The nice thing is they carry the same stuff for a long time. I had bought a post light in front of our house from there. Fourteen years later we build the pool. Bam, bought the same lights. Five years later they still carry them today. Great if you need a replacement or additional. Ours are The Casa Sorrento line. Not fancy but they have held up well. The oldest one could stand a repainting but that’s not unexpected.

I was referencing post lights like 6-8’ tall. For short post lights and other landscape lighting I like voltlighting.com.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.