Dolphin E10

rajung

Mar 17, 2015
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Just received my E10 today with ultra fine container, going to put o'l reliable pool rover in garage sale soon , I hope.
Looking forward to see how much better this unit will work compared to the Rover with fine mesh bags. It moved silt around and 2 hr later it was back.
My question is for anyone with one of these Dolphins and the fine container.
Did you have a hard time getting the filter box to fit in?
I removed lower tray, figured out the back vented plastic piece, the instructions on this were a little vague.
When installing the ultra fine box resisted going in and I thought the filter was for another version Dolphin. After a little while I noticed a black plastic piece on the side covering a section of hard foam, I tucked it behind the housing and did get the filter in. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue.
I was worried about snapping something off after just having it 30 minutes.
I also notice on the manual or partial manual for what it is, it says to run in Chlor levels of 4ppm or below.
Wouldn't this be a warranty killer if a problem occurred with unit and most run higher levels based on CYA?

On the FC level, no worries. The 4 they reference is assuming no CYA is in the water (though they likely don't state that). You are fine to use the robot up to SLAM levels of FC for your CYA level (the same as swimming) though I wouldn't recommend keeping the robot in the pool 24/7 if you are slamming.

Yes, the fine filter is a bit of a tight fit compared to the standard filter.

I think you will be impressed with the fine filter, it does make a difference in my pool.

It usually would take by the end of next day before I see fine particle dirt settle again in my pool.

After using the fine filter on the E10 I noticed it took two or three days before
dirt would show itself again.

Also when swimming with a mask on, there are a lot less fine particles
I saw in the water.

Thanks for both replies.
I cant wait to see how this unit works.
I was losing a little confidence in the Aquabot after 4 years, the bags would lose elasticity around the section you attach , even when rinsing with fresh water after each use. And stitching coming loose on Velcro closures. These box type filters look much easier to use. I don't have any trees other than leaves in late fall that get blown into my yard from neighbors.
The fine dirt that settles in small creases and dents on floor bottom is what I hope to eliminate for at least a few days.
The pool rover, it appears would just mix it up, even with fine bags, and when removing it would seem most of it dumped back in pool.
I would the go back the next day and clean with pool blaster. That tan silt / dirt was no joke, constant cleaning.
Almost wondered if it was not some form of algea

John it will climb steep angled walls like my hopper style in-ground has, but the moment the E10
tilts up fully vertically it backs down. So it should clean the cove up to the wall, but it will
not climb the wall itself on above ground pools.

- - - Updated - - -

The pool rover, it appears would just mix it up, even with fine bags, and when removing it would seem most of it dumped back in pool.
I would the go back the next day and clean with pool blaster. That tan silt / dirt was no joke, constant cleaning.
Almost wondered if it was not some form of algea

I remember someone on the forum saying they tried the pool rover and didn't like the way it left debris behind
on occasion like you said. They returned it and got the E10 and was much more satisfied. The old method
of bags in a cleaner just isn't as good as the newer top loading basket design as you said.

Dead algae shows as little white puffs, so probably not algae i would think.

Not sure how the E10 thinks when running, but I found out the Rover will run a predetermined amount of time forward, and the a shorter or longer time backward. The thing is when it makes a short travel backward, and then moves forward and runs into the wall, it spends a lot of time just sitting there, wish it would have some sort of resistance sensing and back up again. The 2 bag set up is bad like you say is old technology, the elastic would fail and its a hassle rubber banding the around ports. I have had the rover flip over on its back occasionally and stay there like a dead bug. As time has passed over 4 years from what I thought was a 7 out of 10 rating, it may drop to a 3 out of 10 if the Dolphin works like I read about. Hopefully in the next 6 months I can report back after the brick thaws.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.