Pool light placement

ahyjek

Oct 9, 2017
SC
Hi everyone, installing the pool lights this week. For a 30x14 Flat back kidney I am using one 5g Intellibrite on the deep end and one globrite for the shallow end to help illuminate the steps/sitting area in the pool. I have marked both light in red below, do you agree with this placement for best coverage? The black lines represent the location of the house
kidney.JPG

Also for the globrite, any suggestions how far below the waterline I should install them? My shallow end is 36" should I install it just below the water line? Pentair only requires 8-10" below the waterline so its submerged. Should I go halfway? like 18"

I have a gray/granite liner, thanks!

I think your Intellibrite placement is fine. If your gray liner is anywhere near as dark as my Black Onyx Pebble Sheen, I don't recommend using a Globrite. If it's more of a light gray, the Globrite is probably okay. Our new pool is big and deep and the builder went with four Globrites at about 18" deep. The lights do not have enough power to overcome the dark plaster and the size. I think the placement of your second light is good as well.

Bob

One thing I've noticed and I'm sure others have as well, the 5G and the GloBrite have slightly different color characteristics and you will likely notice this variation. If you are really particular about it matching you may want to go all GloBrite or all 5G. We have two 5G in our free form and a GloBrite on the Baja shelf but being that it only really illuminates the shallower area of the shelf, it's not too noticeable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.