General Time Line Question- am I being impatient?

Paigez0215

Bronze Supporter
Feb 9, 2018
Jacksonville, FL
Hi! So we started the pool building process the beginning of January. Met with a PB and signed/ gave them $1,000 to lock in the sale price until our Re Fi closed. They told us with that $1,000 they would start pulling permits so when we paid the full 10% deposit on Feb. 9th we could get started right away. Well that didn't happen. I let that go and they told us on Feb 9th when we paid the full deposit digging would start last week of February, First week of March. Well here we are... March 13th and they only thing they have done is pull permits, mark the yard and had my neighbor and us sign a paper last week stating we were responsible for re sodding or anything they mess up in their yard during construction. So as it stands, they have had a full 10% deposit for 6 weeks and still haven't started construction and cannot give me an answer on what day they plan to do so. Am I just being impatient? I really want to pull the plug at the moment and go with a different PB.
Thanks for letting me vent! -annoyed in Jacksonville Fl. :mad:

Vent all you want here. :blah: :rant: :rant: :rant: We don't mind. As for the timeline, we've seen so many different outcomes with builds taking anywhere from 3 months in an almost ideal environment, to over a year for some nightmare owners. In the end, it's just best to keep a happy game face on, keep a good dialog going, and try to kill them with kindness to keep you in their field of vision. Tougher said than done, but do the best you can.

Thanks! I am already over it lol. I feel so bad getting upset about something so trivial... first world problems right? I just am a stickler for when people say they are going to do something and it not happening. I have a very good relationship with my PB thankfully, and he is just as frustrated with the sub contractors so I will just sit tight and wait. :D

Perfectly understandable. It's a big investment of time and money, so naturally, there's going to be some stress for everyone involved.

Hopefully, everything goes well from here.

We signed in September 2017. They started in February. They will likely end in April. After dealing with multiple contractors and projects we learned not be in a hurry. I think you'll find once you have a hole in the ground things progress nicely afterwards weather permitting.

To quote the money pit "TWO WEEKS, TWO WEEKS"...

haha I love that movie! Yes I just need to be patient!
We signed in September 2017. They started in February. They will likely end in April. After dealing with multiple contractors and projects we learned not be in a hurry. I think you'll find once you have a hole in the ground things progress nicely afterwards weather permitting.

To quote the money pit "TWO WEEKS, TWO WEEKS"...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.