Built in GFCI keeps tripping

Mar 11, 2018
Nacogdoches, TX
I have an Intex sand filter with saltwater system. Ran great for 2 summers, not the GFCI that is on the factory cord trips immediately every time I reset it. I have checked all cords, no nicks or cracks. I have 1 month left on the warranty, but not sure how good Intex is about actually handing warranty issues. Any advice??

If the circuit you're plugged in to is GFCI protected, cut it off and replace it with a plain plug.

I always had to do this with my Intex pumps because I used a timer to automate it, and it always tripped the Intex GFCI each time the timer turned it on.

If it's worked for 2 summers and now it's not, has anything else around your pool area changed since this started happening.

As noted, GFCI breakers are humidity sensitive...also, if it has tripped or been reset multiple times, they can become weaker and trip easier, esp when the season is going from cold to warmer. Does the sun hit this area w the GFCI any? if so, how often per day time of season?

GFCI's are not too expensive. You could replace it w an identical GFCI switch and see what happens. However, since you are still under warranty, I would definitely call the installer and put them under notice of the issue so you can have the problem time-stamped.

Keep us posted and good luck,
tstexx

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.