Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I realized the other day when doing some winter maintenance that my umbrella sleeves never got glued in. They just pull out. Can I glue these while they are under around 4" of water? The pool is winterized so the water level has been reduced by around a foot. I can pump some more water out to get them dry as they are almost out of the water now but probably would mean pumping several thousand gallons out. I'd prefer not to if the PVC glue will work underwater. I'd remove the sleeves, slather on PVC glue, then put them back and hold them down with a rock until cured.

That sounds strange to me? There’s a body, upper flange and cap. The upper fledge is a press fit, no glue. I believe it’s designed that way to be expendable sonif tge umbrella cracks it, you so t have to chisel out the entire holder.

That sounds strange to me? There’s a body, upper flange and cap. The upper fledge is a press fit, no glue. I believe it’s designed that way to be expendable sonif tge umbrella cracks it, you so t have to chisel out the entire holder.

Oh? Well that would explain it. It came out on its own I thought they forgot to glue it. So it is supposed to be this way? I shoved it back in and it was fairly tight so not sure how it came out in the first place.

While I realize that you don't need the glue, just FYI there are PVC cements that cure underwater. Oatey Rain-R-Shine PVC Cement is one and Mr. Sticky's is another. Just in case you ever actually need some that cures underwater. :)

In this case I'd say it's a good thing you didn't know that before asking about the sleeves. :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.