Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacuum head designed for concrete on vinyl pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacuum head designed for concrete on vinyl pool?

Just wondering if anyone has used the following vacuum head that is designed for concrete pools on a vinyl pool?

I would assume that it would be easier to vacuum/glide vs one with brushes. The only thing that may be a negative is that you are not able to "brush" while vacuuming (unless the brushes are to help glide only). Sorry for the total newbie questions!

14 inch Wide Vacuum Head On Wheels - Pool Supplies Canada

vs

Deluxe Weighted Green Vacuum Head - Pool Supplies Canada
    Pool: 10'x20'x4' - 6,000gal - Vinyl Liner IG - Hayward Maxflow VSP SP23520VSP - Hayward H250ED2 250k - Hayward Prologic 8 - Hayward T-Cell-15 SWG - Hayward 24" LED waterfalls (x3) - Hayward GVA-24 3-way - Hayward Aqua Connect - Hayward Wireless Table top Remote - Pentair Posi-Clear RP Cartridge filter 200sq - AquaLamp 12v LED multicolor pool lights (x2) - Inline Zinc anode rod

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Vacuum head designed for concrete on vinyl pool?

I have a “concrete” roller vac that I use only on liner pools (to keep wheels from becoming abrasive.)
    It is much beefier than the linked item so it wont flex & “grab” a liner.
    I paid about $175.00 for it 12 years ago.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Vacuum head designed for concrete on vinyl pool?

I use something like the green one on my in ground vinyl liner pool. I haven't had any issues with it but am considering a robot.

37000 gallons 45x20 vinyl liner
    Century 1.95hp SS pump
    Hayward DE4820
    Rooftop Solar heat with manual control

4. Back To Top    #4

Is there a higher chance of ripping ones liner with a wheeled vac head? Is that why they recommend it for concrete?

One downside I can see to the triangular head is that as one pushes it along the surface bottom the brushes will push any debries into a cloud in front of it thus not sucking it up.

Downside to the roller/wheeled vac head is that you have to manually scrub the bottom of the pool with a brush to lift any stuck derbies. Mind you I suppose this would be more for algae growth

Perhaps Im overthinking all this....
    Pool: 10'x20'x4' - 6,000gal - Vinyl Liner IG - Hayward Maxflow VSP SP23520VSP - Hayward H250ED2 250k - Hayward Prologic 8 - Hayward T-Cell-15 SWG - Hayward 24" LED waterfalls (x3) - Hayward GVA-24 3-way - Hayward Aqua Connect - Hayward Wireless Table top Remote - Pentair Posi-Clear RP Cartridge filter 200sq - AquaLamp 12v LED multicolor pool lights (x2) - Inline Zinc anode rod

5. Back To Top    #5

Just wondering if anyone else has used these wheeled heads on a vinyl pool and if so any issues? (abrasions, liner sucking up into head, etc)