Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spill over spa no limited jet pressure on startup

1. Back To Top    #1

Spill over spa no limited jet pressure on startup

Hello all,

When I turn my controller from pool to spa, the valves turn, the heater starts up and water slowly comes from the hot tub jets. The pressure of the water coming out is very low and I can not hear the normal bubbling from the vent I used to hear on startup. The remedy is to blow air into the vent pipe, we use a leaf blower, for a couple seconds and then the normal jet pressure will start and you can hear the vent start bubbling. It also appears that the amount of time spent blowing air into the vent is increasing in order to clear the line.

Any ideas on where to start? Nothing seems to be operating any differently than it had previously before this started.

BTW the valve setup in the pic is for normal pool usage but the valves move appropriately when called to.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    11,000 gallon plaster finish in-ground pool with attached, elevated hot tub. Figure 8 shaped pool, 3 ft shallow end at 5 fet deep end. Pool enclosure. Raypack P-R406A-EP-C Propane heater. Hayward TriStar VS900, Pentair Clean and Clear 100 sqft cartridge filter. Borax. TF-100 with Speedstir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spill over spa no limited jet pressure on startup

No idea but here is a bump to get this in front of more eyes.
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Spill over spa no limited jet pressure on startup

Thank you.
    11,000 gallon plaster finish in-ground pool with attached, elevated hot tub. Figure 8 shaped pool, 3 ft shallow end at 5 fet deep end. Pool enclosure. Raypack P-R406A-EP-C Propane heater. Hayward TriStar VS900, Pentair Clean and Clear 100 sqft cartridge filter. Borax. TF-100 with Speedstir.