Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG is getting bad should I get one that is bigger capacity or smaller(40 vs 25)

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG is getting bad should I get one that is bigger capacity or smaller(40 vs 25)

My pool has like 22,000-23,000 gallon of water. Should I get a SWG that is up to 40,000 or the one that is up to 25,000. Which is better suited or get the bigger one? Price is not that big diff. Amazon has it both

Hayward Goldline T-Cell-15 TurboCell Salt Chlorination Cell for In-Ground Swimming Pools
    16 x 32 (3, 5, 11)
    23-24,000 volume
    Liner Pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG is getting bad should I get one that is bigger capacity or smaller(40 vs 25)

Get the T-15.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: SWG is getting bad should I get one that is bigger capacity or smaller(40 vs 25)

I would go for the T-15 turbo cell. Bigger is better. You would run it at a lesser % which in turn would result in longevity of cell.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade