renovation: 1999 IG pool / spa with pebble and new tile in No. CA

That DOES look good with everything else! When the box gets there make sure to go through it and pick out your favs to put a "eye catching" spots like where your eye lands when walking out the back door. Then look for the ones you do not even want any where near your pretty pool LOL

Kim:kim:

@kimkats, lets start with some extra ugly. I stopped adding chlorine a month ago so it is layers of ugly.

Day 1 Thursday evening. The draining began.

CQX6YsE.jpg

Day 2 Friday - still raining.

You can see one of the tile samples leaning up against a rock on the water feature / spa spillway return to the pool.

aFHmuim.jpg

Demolition scheduled for Monday

DONE! ANd looks like it was done well!

Question for you for another rehab.........how much mortar was left when they took off the waterline tile? Did they just knock the tile off or did the do something to take the dry mortar off?

DONE! ANd looks like it was done well!

Question for you for another rehab.........how much mortar was left when they took off the waterline tile? Did they just knock the tile off or did the do something to take the dry mortar off?

They knocked the tile off and left it for the tile-folks. what was left included the nylon backing from the previous tile.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't have any rock work or flat work and I think because of this the completion schedule was moved up a few days.

Current schedule is to plaster tomorrow, Wednesday, and polish and Fill on Thursday. ... if the weather holds out.

I can't wait :D :paddle::paddle::paddle:

Thanks.

The trees are 18 years old. They were planted spring of 2000 so they take a while to add privacy.

The plants hanging down the wall are some unknown purple flower vine and star jasmine.

The star jasmine smells amazing in late spring early summer.

DONE!!!

Now lets talk about filling it!! Get some socks or dish towel to put on the ends of the hoses. Make sure the hoses are right on the main drains or the lowest level of the pool. Do NOT turn off the water until it reaches the middle of the waterline tile!!!! If you have a spa fill it last to avoid any kind of run over. You do not want any water running down the walls as that can cause streaking.

almost Done...

They have to acid wash and polish the pebble.

Tomorrow is DONE day.

- - - Updated - - -

and, thank you for the suggestions !!

The PB has provided nearly the same info, and my large diameter hose is ready with a sock and a towel duct taped to the end.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.