Buried Above Ground Issues- HELP!

violet-mermaid

Mar 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Hey guys-

So we had an issue with one of the sides of our buried above ground pool caving in. The installer did not mix any cement/sand for the top half of the pool and we think this is the cause. My husband dug out a HUGE pile of sand/dirt where the side caved in- but now it's full of water from the rain! We plan to pump it out and then add the concrete/sand mixture and hope it corrects itself. Any thoughts or tips? I really don't want to have to drain the pool if possible!!!

Another issue is that the vaccuum we bought has never worked great for us. It always stops in the pool. We were told that the pump was not strong enough so we bought a larger pump last year and it still stops. This is the vaccuum we have:
https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-900-Suction-Above-Ground-Automatic/dp/B000ERETII/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519673311&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=wanda+the+whale+vaccuum

Is there another vaccuum you recommend? Our pool is a 12 x 24 oval and the pump we have is a
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GSPHS7E/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for your time!

Please take and share pics of what you are dealing with as far as the sides and sand. I am not really understanding what needs to be done from the words.

My Wanda has always been just "better than nothing" but I have had enough and am looking to buy a robot. She stops, she does not pick up the leaves, she does not get the whole pool, etc.............she is heading to the dump!

Kim:kim:

Depending on conditions for my 16x32 AGP, I either use my Pool Rover Jr.............or 90% of the time..........my Pool Blaster Max. All that dirt and stuff never makes it to the filter.

If your pool wall is out of track, you will need to drain it and possibly do a reinstall to get it back in track. Do not drain the pool until the ground water subsides and dries up or you will risk losing the pool shell due to ground water. You will need to dig out at least a foot arount the whole pool to do a reinstall so you have room to work.

As Kim said, pictures would help us tremendously so we can see the issue and give you the best advice for your situation at hand. Usually, pools that cave in are out of track. It could be ground water pushing it out, depending on how deep the pool is buried. You never mentioned how far in the ground it is nor how much water is in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.