Stone Spillway from Spa

HmnRcn

Mar 30, 2014
Visalia, CA
Hello all,
We have a small spillway from our spa to the pool. The pool was just finished and filled at the end of Jan. My issue is the stone was broken on one side and we asked for it to be replaced. The stone guy came back today to repair it and is going to cut out another small section to replace. This mean we have 22 X 18 or so opening that will have 5 sections of stone in it where there should have been 1 piece of stone. Has anyone that has had multiple pieces of stone on a spill way had issues with the water eroding the mortar? Here are a couple of pictures.
49a7fb61384aa468673f3e74e48ca549.jpg
61b894308fd21a46e6409ee6ca43c3cd.jpg

Nope.........that is just a big nope :( I do not like how it looks. It SHOULD be one big piece of stone. I would go to their stone yard and find a piece you like the look of and have them replace the broken one with it. It looks like it was broken and glued back together. You paid good money for a NEW pool. It should look new and right. This part does not.

Kim (NO cheering on this one)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.