Aquarite - no power LED

Feb 8, 2018
Dallas
I just noticed that my chlorine is 0 and after a bunch of rain it's time to resolve (diagnostic voltage and amps are both 0). A couple years back (June 2016) I replaced the thermistor on my board and it was totally split in 2. I just went out and removed the cover and the thermistor looks ok - the black casing is not split. I touched it to see if it was loose and the power and generating LEDs came on, but only stayed on for a few seconds before going out again. Is it time to replace the thermistor again?

thermistor1.jpg

Answering my own post in case anyone else encounters this. Guessing that the extreme cold stretch a few weeks ago made my very amateurish solder joints on the thermistor fail. Touched up the solder (and re-soldered the red power connection blade - again) and it's back up and running.

Even with a powerful Weller solder gun, it seems impossible to get the solder to flow just be heating the pin and connection area. Wondering what the trick is...

I just noticed that my chlorine is 0 and after a bunch of rain it's time to resolve (diagnostic voltage and amps are both 0). A couple years back (June 2016) I replaced the thermistor on my board and it was totally split in 2. I just went out and removed the cover and the thermistor looks ok - the black casing is not split. I touched it to see if it was loose and the power and generating LEDs came on, but only stayed on for a few seconds before going out again. Is it time to replace the thermistor again?

View attachment 73039

After my second thermister blew, I just bypassed it by soldering a wire between the two joints. Works like a charm and now I don't have to worry about it failing again.
That's what I temporarily do in the field when I go crazy troubleshooting a time sensitive equipment!
Hope you are aware what a "In-Rush Current Suppressor" devices are designed for. Without it, you are bound for a costly repair down the road.
Anyway, I am not here to condemned your actions but hoping your post will not encourage others to do the same. Amen...:cheers:

I have EXCELLENT results soldering when I mix 1/4 oz. of muriatic acid and 1/4 oz. of water. Use a small brush to swab the only the are to be soldered. It will flow smooth and shinny only on that spot. Spray the area with WD-40 to to prevent corrosion. You'll think your an expert.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.