Help pleaseeee :D

Thanks for all your input so far.

We are having a drop in temperature currently in the UK. Was -3 last night with it to to drop to -6 in a few days - expecting the cold snap to last a week.

With the solar cover removed there was a blanket of ice over the pool this morning - will this cause any issues?

I guess its a thought to leave the pump running until the cold snap stops? If not shall i release the prime in the pump to allow air in?

No don't release the prime just run your pump when you're close to freezing. Here in the UK we very seldom have to winterise unless you are far north
It's normally the nights are when we get the lower temperature, even the -1 and -2 don't present a problem

No don't release the prime just run your pump when you're close to freezing. Here in the UK we very seldom have to winterise unless you are far north
It's normally the nights are when we get the lower temperature, even the -1 and -2 don't present a problem

A fellow UK member!

It dropped to -3 last night and even now I have a blanked of ice on the pool surface.
Ive just added chlorine up to shock level of FC 12

I am a little reluctant to start the pump as my concerns are there maybe ice in the pipes?

I started the pump and it melted the ice pretty much in 30 mins. Have set it to run over night until the cold snap is over.

out of interest, as your are in the UK, what product do you use to lower your pH?

Hi Steve

You're on the right track then
I use muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) to lower pH and aeration to raise it
I bought my last lot on Ebay sometimes called brick cleaning acid. You want the 36% or there abouts
Use gloves and protection as it's pretty noxious

Hi Steve

You're on the right track then
I use muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) to lower pH and aeration to raise it
I bought my last lot on Ebay sometimes called brick cleaning acid. You want the 36% or there abouts
Use gloves and protection as it's pretty noxious

Industrial Brick Patio Cleaner - Hydrochloric Acid 36.2% - (4x5 Litres) | eBay

i am planning to order the above... They have confirmed its just plain hydrochloric acid. Same type of thing you use?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.