Need new pump

smc

Oct 3, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
My pump finally died after about 12 years and I'm looking to replace the whole pump assembly. I'm looking for the ultimate quiet(er), cheap, energy-efficient, low-maintenance pump that carries a warranty even when I DIY install it. I need it to come with all fittings so I can plumb it directly to 2" pipes. I was refered to Inyo pools, but don't know which model to buy. I'd like to keep the price below $400.

The no-name pump was 1hp, 22-26k gallon pool. I'm tired of replacing seals just to have them leak, and I think there is a crack in the diffuser/impeller housing. I've been wanting to replace it for a while, as it kept getting louder.

Thanks for suggestions.

Hi SMC,

I really like the variable speed pumps as they allow you to run the pump at a full range of RPM's from 700 to 3450 where the single speed pumps just run all out at 3450 whenever the pump is being operated. Normally with a variable speed pool pump you can run the pump for your basic filtration in the 1,750 RPM range which will save you a ton on your operation cost. If you need to ramp up the RPM's on the pump to run your cleaner or water features then you have the ability to do so.

It also looks like your Power Company Tuscon Electric Power is Offering a Rebate on Variable Speed Pool Pumps

I like the PureLine Prime 1.65 HP Variable Speed Pump as it has 2" plumbing, comes with an 18 month warranty even for the DIY'er, and it comes with Unions. The PureLine Prime is Energy Star certified so it is eligible for any of the power company rebates.

If you decide the variable speed pump is too expensive then the 1 HP Single Speed PureLine Prime would be a good option. Finally we just finished a Video Explaining how a Variable Speed Pool Pump Saves on Operational Costs which you may find helpful.

Thank you, Patrick. The PL-2601 is the pump I had my eye on. I think the VS pumps are nice, but in my mind the controller is just something that can fail and I can't fix. The savings return on investment is far away, and money is tight on my fixed income. I originally wanted a Whisperflo, but the price kept going up and my friend was horribly unimpressed when it was louder than the builder pump and also when he had to replace his so quickly.

Seems like emergencies are happening all at once and the pump replacement priority got moved up a couple months early. I'm surprised it lasted this long! I'm also getting ready to drain and fill to scrub the algae that won the battle and finally took over the pool with a vegeance. Medical bills, vet bills, and now we have to support our 4 year-old neice.

Things happen, life is good! Must keep going, even when beaten down. Gonna be a good year - I can smell it!!!

SMC, I think you will really like the PL2601 PureLine Prime, if you need any help after you receive the pump please let me know. I agree 2018 is going to be an awesome year!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.